Aronson invites you to join our team at the Nonprofit Finance Summit 2017 from September 12-13, 2017 in Chicago, IL. This comprehensive two-day training summit will give your nonprofit’s finance team the opportunity to learn from industry experts about what changes are coming down the pipeline and which strategies can drive success in 2018 and beyond.
Our team is excited to lead the following two sessions:
Fraud Considerations in Tax Exempt Organizations
Join nonprofit experts Greg Plotts and Carol Barnard on Wednesday, September 13th from 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. for an informative discussion on “Fraud Considerations in Tax Exempt Organizations.”
At the end of this session, attendees will:
- Understand why nonprofits are so sensitive to fraud
- Understand what fraud is, who’s committing fraud, and typical schemes
- Assess the fraud risk at your organization
- Have some useful tips in improving your internal controls to help mitigate against fraud
- Know how to take action if your organization has been hit with fraud
Association Governance Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) & Emerging Risks
Join association experts Melissa Musser and William Tanenbaum of Arent Fox LLP on Wednesday, September 13th from 2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m. This interactive presentation will help associations implement governance and expand their current Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) activities.
Associations continue to struggle to integrate their risk oversight efforts with their strategic planning processes. As a leading risk management professional and top attorney, Melissa and William will provide association executives hands-on technical and real world experience identifying opportunities where they can strengthen their approaches to recognizing and assessing key risks.
By attending this session, attendees will learn:
- The current state of ERM and emerging risks
- The value a structured focus on emerging risks can bring
- How to identify risks to your association
- How to evaluate the likelihood and impact of risks
- How to assess the overall risk and develop a practical response