Melissa Musser, CPA, CISA, serves as a director at Aronson with 15 years of professional experience. Melissa delivers a comprehensive best-in-class risk based audit approach to respond to financial, compliance, and operational and IT risks for organizations ranging from small nonprofits to large global SEC organizations. Her areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing, maintaining, and optimizing internal controls and/or Sarbanes Oxley 404 compliance programs.
- Planning, supervising, and executing audits to ensure compliance with policies and regulations and to monitor achievement of corporate objectives.
- Developing and supporting Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Audit programs.
Prior to joining Aronson, Melissa spent eight years in public accounting as well as seven years managing corporate and IT internal audit and risk management for large global SEC organizations and a university where she led major transformation initiatives such as moving to shared service centers well as assisting with the development of an ERM council.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: Member
- Institute of Internal Auditors: Member
- Information System Audit and Control Association: Member
- Greater Washington Society of CPAs: CFO special session presenter “How to perform an Information Security Risk Assessment”
- University of Akron: Bachelor of Science in Accounting, in Professional Accounting and Accounting Information Systems