Join Aronson tax experts Michael L. Colavito, Jr. and Grant Patterson for an informative webinar on June 20th as they guide you in determining if your business is paying too much in Virginia local business license tax, also known as BPOL tax. Each year taxpayers oftentimes misinterpret “out-of-state deductions” and the common deductions and exclusions related to BPOL tax. With the Supreme Court of Virginia weighing in on the “out-of-state” deduction in 2015 and regulations on the horizon, many taxpayers are discovering that they have been making significant overpayments in BPOL tax.
By the end of this webinar, participants will:
- Have an understanding of the BPOL tax;
- Recognize the common deductions and exclusions available to taxpayers;
- Determine if the “out-of-state” deduction is available to a taxpayer;
- Compute the out-of-state deduction; and
- Know what to expect if they decide to file a refund claim with a locality.
Who should attend this webinar?
The topics discussed are particularly relevant to members of the accounting and finance departments for Virginia businesses providing services, such as:
- Government contractors
- Information technology companies
- Consulting businesses
For any issues getting logged in or launching the webcast before or during the day of the webinar, please contact the LearnLive End-User Support Team at email@example.com.