What are successful mid-tier companies doing to grow and sustain in the government market? How are they competing against large government contractors on full and open procurements? In today’s ever-changing government contracting environment, knowledge is power and critical to your company’s growth and success. Help take your business to new heights by sharpening your awareness of the day’s most important government contracting issues, ranging from strategic planning, financing for growth strategies and minimizing risks.
In this CPE-eligible, half-day conference, our Aronson LLC government contracting experts and industry partners will share insightful analysis and actionable best practices that can be immediately applied to your business. Rather than providing a cursory overview of these topics, our experts will delve into the unique financial, contractual, legal, and operational perspectives that you need to bring to the table to take your company to the next level.
In government contracting, the stakes are high. Don’t miss your chance to attend the premier government contracting CPE event of the year!
Attendees will receive practical advice and expert insights on today’s hottest crucial topics, including:
- Optimizing growth opportunities both organically and inorganically
- Developing a plan to financially accomplish different types of growth
- Safeguarding your people, technology, and assets
- Making strategic hires for key positions and designing smart compensation plans to retain talent
- Selecting the right teaming partners to leverage strengths
Come and learn from the best in the business. Our speakers work with government contractors every day and are well-versed in both the common and complex challenges facing government contractors at various positions in their development. Our speakers include:
Alan Chvotkin, Executive Vice President & Counsel, PSC
Partners Jim Fennel and Payal Vadhani, Aronson LLC
Partner Philip McMann Aronson Capital Partners
Partner Jason Rigoli, Enlightenment Capital
Partners John Jensen and Counsel Alexander Ginsberg, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Our conference agenda is tailored to provide the most value to government contracting finance and accounting professionals, such as CFOs and VPs or Directors of Finance & Accounting.
7:30 am – 8:00 am Registration, Breakfast & Networking
8:00 am – 8:10 am Opening Remarks - Event MCs, Barbara Morgan & Donna Dominguez
8:10 am – 9:00 am - Succeeding as “Other than Small” - Alan Chvotkin – Professional Services Council (PSC)
- How successful companies succeed and compete in a full and open market
9:00 am – 9:25 am - Compensating your Executive Teams - Jim Fennel, Aronson LLC
- The Universe of Incentive Plans
- Considering equity versus non-equity plans
- Financial, tax and regulatory impacts of the incentive plans
9:35 am – 10:25 am - Teaming Arrangements & Joint Ventures - John Jensen & Alex Ginsberg, Pillsbury Law
- Leveraging teaming agreements, prime-sub relationships, and joint ventures to pursue larger awards.
- Employing best practices and avoiding common and costly pitfalls in teaming agreements and prime-sub relationships.
- Using joint ventures under the new All Small mentor-protégé program to access and win set-asides.
10:35 am – 11:25 am - Financing your Growth - Jason Rigoli, Enlightenment Capital and Philip McMann, Aronson LLC
Working capital strategy to support growth plans:
- Financing options
- Growing via acquisitions
- Expanding new and existing contracts
- Adding new lines of business or new market
- What makes you attractive to a lender
11:25 am – 11:50 am - Safeguard your Technology Assets - Payal Vadhani, Aronson LLC
- DFARS - Preparedness & Readiness
- Assessing the external & internal security/cyber risks
- What are the key risk factors that every CFO should know
11:50 am – Noon Conclusion & CPE Instructions - Event MCs, Barbara Morgan & Donna Dominguez
Exclusive event for Government Contractors only. Not open to Vendors.